Who "we" are
We are Techquity Limited ("we", "us" or "our") Registration Number 11881732, ICO Ref ZA538123. Our registered address is at 28-32 Albert Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 1QD. Techquity Limited licence the Green Flag Trade Mark and fully operate the Green Flag One Check site on behalf of Green Flag Limited (registered number 1003081, ICO ref: Z5899591), whose registered address is at The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ.
What information do we collect about you?
Where we have collected information from you it will usually be obvious what this is, as you will have given it to us directly. However, in the course of providing our services, we will make use of personal information that may include your:
- Information about you: this may include date of birth, age or age range, your name, title, home address or alternate address (where provided), email address and contact telephone numbers, email click through information, IP address, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when.
- Financial information: such as payment card information
- Vehicle details: depending on the purchases you make we may need to collect data relating you your vehicle including vehicle make, model and registration number.
- Opinions & Feedback: such as product reviews or any general feedback you may wish to give us.
- Third party suppliers: who provide the services necessary to fulfil your purchase.
- Motor manufacturers: who provide us the information necessary to provide the service to you.
- Financial services providers: if your card details have changed, financial information will be updated from information provided direct from your card provider.
- Data licensed from other third parties: this may include personal or aggregated information such as demographic data and publicly available information used to help us improve our services or information used to identify services that we believe you may be interested in.
- Vehicle data: obtained under license from agencies such as the DVLA.
How we’ll use your information
We use your personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the best customer experience possible.
- Manage your account: When you create an account with us we will process use your information to ensure that the account remains active and up to date
- To prevent identify and fraud
- Administer this website: we process some information to ensure that we are able to provide you with the best experience possible. This may include taking feedback about site functionality or reviewing error logs that are produced by the site.
Sending you Marketing
Techquity Limited collects marketing consent on behalf of Green Flag Limited. If you consent, Green Flag Limited will use this information to offer you goods and services associated with the wider Green Flag brand. If you wish to stop receiving marketing, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe on any communication or by contacting GreenFlag directly.
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with other organisations and companies that help us to provide the requested service to you, such as:
- Third party companies instructed by us to provide a service purchased by you
Will we send your personal information overseas?
No, we have no requirement to share your information overseas.
How long will we retain your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide the service or products you have requested, normally three years and for our own legitimate interests to meet our statutory obligations. Your information will always be kept in line with internal retention policies. You may check details on how long we retain information by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
How to contact us about this privacy notice
Our Data Protection Officer is in charge of answering questions about this privacy notice or your requests to exercise your rights which are set out below. The Data Protection Office may be contacted at Data Protection Office, DataProtection@directlinegroup.co.uk.
You may contact us at the address above for one or more of the following reasons:
1. To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, or to delete personal information about you.
2. To tell us you no longer agree to, object to, or that you wish to restrict us using information about you and ask us to stop.
3. A right of access, namely, to ask us to provide you with a copy of all of the personal information that we have about you. To receive this information please write to the Data Rights Team Data.Rights.Requests@directlinegroup.co.uk.
4. A "data portability" right, namely, to obtain and reuse the information that you have provided to us for your own purposes across different services. You may ask for this information to be provided directly to you or directly to another organisation. We will provide the information in a machine-readable format so that another organisation's software can understand that information.
Sometimes we will not be able to stop using your personal information when you ask us to (e.g. where we need to use it because the law requires us to do so or we need to retain the information for regulatory purposes).
We will tell you if we are unable to comply with your request, or how your request might impact you, when you contact us.
If you have any concerns about the way in which we are using your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance and we will endeavour to resolve your concern. However, you do also have the right to complain about how we treat your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office ("ICO"). The ICO can be contacted at:
ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
ICO telephone: 0303 123 1113
ICO textphone: 01625 545860